Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why? (The inaugural post)

A few days ago, while scrounging the Internet looking for whatever information I could find on the IA experience, I came across a post on Eye of the Storm mentioning that the "collective Navy Individual Augmentee experience" is one of three books not yet written that Charles would love to read. Me too. I'm on the hook to head into an IA this year, and in trying to learn whatever I can about what the next year holds I have come to the same conclusion as Charles: the IA is a unique part of Navy history that needs to be recorded for posterity. So this might end up being another blog about my IA, when it arrives. Or it might work out to be a step toward recording others' IA experiences for posterity. We'll see. For now, I've linked to any Navy IA blogs that I can find on the right side of the page in the hopes that people can use this page as one stop shopping to see what's going on in the world of Navy IAs today. If you know of other blogs by or about IAs, let me know in the comments and I'll try to link them also. (I have not linked to ones that are now silent or whose authors are back home. I'll put those up some time also, but for now thought I'd focus on the active Navy IA'ers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment