Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Calling all three of my readers...

Not often that a 4-star asks for your opinion on something. Admiral Harvey says, regarding individual augmentees, that "I know there is more we can do to improve the IA process for both our Sailors and their families. I’d like to get your thoughts and ideas (from both our AC and RC Sailors) on this subject."

Given the types of google searches that bring the occasional reader to these parts, I'm sure that you have $0.02 to give to the man. And just a touch of a personal note to add: a young Commander Harvey once asked me how I would improve a certain evolution (the details of which I ought to refrain from recording, more for my sake than for his). I gave him my recommendation, and within 15 minutes it had been implemented. If you have anything constructive to say about improving the IA process, don't ever claim that the Navy didn't give you a forum to air your recommendations before a person with the power to make it happen and (in my experience) a proven willingness to act on a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment